{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

29 August 2013

Review: The Kettle Shed Tea

The lovely Zoe of The Kettle Shed recently contacted me asking if I would be interested in reviewing a selection of her high quality teas. Now, for those of you that don't already know...I LOVE tea, so of course I snapped up the opportunity!


Four cute tins of different teas arrived in the post super quick and boy oh boy, before I even opened the tins I could smell the most delicious smells emanating from the parcel. I couldn't wait to try them all out!


Each tin had a 20g sample, with all the lovely ingredients listed and also how much tea to use per cup, the temperature of water required and how long to let the tea infuse for. I was immediately impressed by this as I'm very particular about how my tea is made and crucially, how long it is brewed for.




With my trusty infuser at the ready, the kettle singing happily, I decided to use my collection of four cute tea cups, all the way from Hong Kong, to put these teas to the test.





Starting with Ginger Fitness, I opened the tin to find the most beautiful looking mixture of organic ingredients. I was already sold on how pretty the tea looked. The smell was incredible; spicy and refreshing, with a slight hint of chocolate.


I let the tea brew for the minimum recommended time of 5 minutes. It had a very refreshing, light taste and not overpowering or acidic like some ginger teas can be and it smelt wonderful.






The next tea lined up was Organic Korea Jeju, a green tea. 






Now, I must confess, I'm not a huge green tea fan, so I was a bit wary but it looked good, smelt lovely and the taste was refreshing enough, without being too strong. I realise now, as this tea only needs to be brewed for a minute or two, that I've probably had over-brewed green tea in the past, which has put me off the flavour. I will definitely be giving these tea leaves another try.





Being a fan of black tea, I was particularly interested to try the Ceylon tea. It looked good and the smell was wonderful, almost like it had a hint of sugar, reminding me of Turkish tea, which I love.





After brewing the tea for 3-4 minutes, it produced a beautiful looking tea. I didn't mix it with milk as it really didn't need it. The delicate balance of flavours left a lovely after-taste and it was strong enough without obliterating your taste buds. I could drink this all day.






I was rather excited about the next tea, Energy Fruit. For starters it looked and smelt AMAZING and that was just from opening the tin!





Containing a scrumptious mixture of apple, hibiscus, elderberries, rosehips, currants, orange peel and rose petals, I have in all honesty, never seen such a beautiful tea. I love the fact that all those colourful ingredients haven't been pounded into a heap of dust. I'm sure they would taste just as good if they were pounded down and put in a little bag but where would the fun in that be?! Being able to see the ingredients so clearly, made the tea all the more appealing.




And wow, the taste was deeeelicious! In fact, I loved it so much, I made myself a second cup. It was super tasty, refreshing, full of energy without being too sweet and the colour was incredible. Definitely my favourite out of all four. 


Overall, I was really impressed by all four teas and I have realised I must get my infuser out and have loose-tea more often. The taste is so delicate, beautiful, refreshing and completely different to your standard supermarket tea. Something else that really impressed me was how little you need for one cup of tea. I've barely touched the contents of the tins and they only hold 20g. Also, Zoe of the Kettle Shed is super lovely. In fact, she's so lovely, she's offering you all a free infuser when you spend over £10 in her shop. Just mention my blog at the end of the check-out stage. Awesome hey!

I hope you've enjoyed this review and feel as inspired as I do over tea! Right, I'm off to make a cuppa, anyone want one?



.........

Disclosure: I reviewed this independently and wasn't sponsored to write this post.


{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...