{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

1 February 2016

Blog Gem - Lotts and Lots

Pinch, punch, first of the month and with a new month comes a new Blog Gem interview! This month I've had the great pleasure of interviewing Charlotte, from Lotts and Lots. Want to hear all about her creative, blogging world? Me too!


Hello there, Charlotte! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’ve always been a maker and really love anything beaded, sequined and bedazzled. My creative path has taken a few twists and turns –I studied product development at the London College of Fashion and then worked as a fashion and hosiery designer before leaving the industry. I didn’t want to lose my creativity so began making jewellery. From there I decided to set up my blog Lotts and Lots sharing the jewellery projects I was making. My blog has grown with me and I now share home renovations and styling projects as I have recently been renovating an old Edwardian house. I’m sure it will change again as I have recently had a baby!  

jewellery_making


What is your creative space like?  
I have my desk and craft cupboard in a spare room in my house. I’ve recently had a big reorganisation as it was a complete mess of glitter and fabric following Christmas! I try and keep it fairly organised but love to have a few piles of projects surrounding me. As much as I like things to have a place I really love it when my table gets full of beads and ribbons – I find it really inspiring. 

lotts_and_lots


If you had to take only one craft tool to a desert island, what would you choose and why? 
This is a tricky one! I’d have to say my pattern square. I’ve had mine since I was 16 (I’m nearly 33) I use it on nearly every single project and feel lost without it.  



How do you work and get inspired?  
I’m quite a messy worker, I get out far more materials than I need and then play around until I have the right colour combinations and mix of old and new materials. I’m inspired by so many things - the materials I use, colour (I’m always spotting new colour combinations), travel, flowers and people I meet, to name a few. I try and use any situation to find creativity and inspiration. 

lotts_and_lots_jewellery_making


What top tips would you give to anyone starting a blog? 
Writing a blog is hard work and so easy to give up. I’d say write about what you are truly passionate about, that way you’ll never run out of ideas. 

floating_shelf


Is there a story behind the name, Lotts and Lots?
My best friends all call me Lotts so it’s a play on that really. Also, when I first started my blog I wanted to keep the scope of subjects quite wide, Lotts and Lots meant I could cover many different subjects without tying myself to just one.  

homebase_hammered_shelf


If you could go to a Creative Blog Award dinner with any 5 people and/or fictional characters (dead or alive), who would you choose?
A very random selection - Christian Dior, Henry Matisse, Dolly Parton, Tim Walker and Monty Don (and Nigel the dog!)  

hen_party


And finally...if you had to choose one song to represent Lotts and Lots, what would it be and why?  This is so hard...I’d say - I Should Be So Lucky – My love of Kylie and love of beads started around the same time. The opportunities I’ve had through my blog have been really amazing so I think it’s rather apt! 

Thank you so much, Charlotte! It's been wonderful hearing all about your creative world of beads and glitter! And what a great selection of people at the Creative Blog Award dinner! I would totally be coming over to sit at your table!

I hope you've all enjoyed this month's Blog Gem! If you would like to read more interviews, pop the kettle on and head over here to get inspired by some truly, awesome bloggers! 




All of the images and interview answers are the copyright of Charlotte at Lotts and Lots. Please do not use without seeking permission first. Thank you.

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...